Deal Advisory & Valuations
Summary of Position: DSMA is the leading Automotive Mergers and Acquisitions firm in North America and one of the fastest-growing in the US. Per the Globe & Mail and Canadian Business Magazine, we are also one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies. We offer a very dynamic, challenging and fulfilling career opportunity in our US head office.
DSMA is looking to recruit a CPA to join our team in Deal Advisory & Valuations, with entrepreneurial values. The Candidate needs to be comfortable working with other members of the legal, marketing and finance team as well as working closely with sales associates and client-facing interactions across North America. The applicant will need to possess the ability to manage multiple files and prioritize essential tasks.
The successful applicant is a strong communicator able to analyze and present key financial information to the Firm’s management, their representatives, and their clients. The financial valuations of automotive dealerships are a cornerstone of our client’s business and in the role you will be responsible for creating these valuations with the rest of the Finance Team. The applicant will support the sales associates throughout the full completion cycle of the valuations as they present this information to their clients and/or to the rest of the Company. The applicant will manage their own workload while respecting the requirements of the Company. DSMA is looking for an individual who wants stability in their role and a long-term engagement within the Firm.
Deal Advisory & Valuations Responsibilities:
- Provide the highest quality of financial services and valuations for the Company.
- Involved in the full cycle of M&A transactions.
- Creation and/or review of legal financial documents and templates (no legal background needed).
- Support all business operations.
- Assist in the preparation of comprehensive prospectus/confidential information memorandum (CIM) (including the financial analysis, market analysis, defining the opportunity, etc.).
- Participate in negotiations with Dealers and customers as required.
- Review the data input of dealership financial statements for valuation and database.
- Updating the financial information in the prospectus as needed.
- Coordinate with the finance and valuation team.
- Generate ad hoc financial analysis for executive team and clients
- Work on different assignments as requested by the management of DSMA.
- Manage relations with external legal firms.
- Support the sales representatives with financial requests.
- Present valuations and relevant financial information to the firm’s appropriate stakeholders.
Deal Advisory & Valuations Qualifications:
- CPA required with auditing experience within an independent accounting firm
- CBV or working towards a CBV is an asset
- Consulting background would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate with all levels of staff and be able to communicate with senior management
- Experience working with Small to Mid-size Enterprises
- Ability to build lasting functional relationships with multiple business partners
- Exceptional customer service skills with the desire to exceed expectations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
- The ability to effectively respond to and meet the needs of a diverse client base
- Proven ethical behavior with the ability to be a visible role model
- Bold, innovative and enjoy challenging yourself
- Honesty and professionalism
- A strong team player
- Highly motivated individual and self-starter
Contract: Permanent, Full-time.
What DSMA offers you:
- Work from our US Head Office in Stuart, FL with the option to work a hybrid role.
- Start-up environment with large firm resources
- A competitive compensation package with insurance benefits, as well as professional development are also offered.
- Learning is encouraged, and courses are reimbursed for our team members
- Variety of team social events.
|Job Category||Financial Department|